- This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which you become a member of Generation London (‘GL’), Further details regarding GL, the service we provide and your membership can be found on our website www.generationlondon.com (our site). Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before subscribing, from our site and becoming a member of GL. You should understand that by becoming a member of GL, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time by giving you notice by posting the amended terms and conditions on our site and the App. However, please note that you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you became a member, unless any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority.
Information About Us
- We operate our site. We are Generation Living Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09686017 and with our registered office 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
- By requesting to join GL through either our App or our site, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and you are at least 18 years old.
How the Contract Between You and Us is Formed
- After requesting to join GL, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your request. Please note that this does not mean that your request has been accepted. Your request constitutes an offer to us to become a member of GL. All requests are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the necessary payment has been accepted and your request has been accepted. The contract between us will only be formed when we confirm acceptance of the necessary payment required membership.
- Unless otherwise agreed through implementation of a special offer or discount code, GL is an on-going subscription service so your membership is continuous and your membership is renewed automatically at the end of each membership period. Your membership will be renewed automatically on the final date of your membership term. If you do not want to renew your membership you should contact us using the Contact details provided on the website www.generationlondon.com at any point within your membership period and no later than 5pm on the working day preceding your renewal date. The automatic renewal does not apply to gift purchases.
- You have the right to cancel your initial registration of membership with us at any time.
- To cancel your membership, please contact us using the details provided on our Site Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Upon cancellation you will receive a confirmation email; it is recommended that this is kept for your own personal records.
Availability and Delivery
- Once your request to join GL has been accepted you will be able to use the digital content provided.
Price and Payment
- The price of membership of GL will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- Prices include VAT.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect any membership approvals in respect of which we have already sent you confirmation, subject to a maximum period of 12 months from the date of acceptance.
- Any payment must be by direct debit, or by such other method as we may agree from time to time.
Agreement of Service
- GL agrees to provide you with access to information on offers, promotions and events provided by third party companies (‘Brand Partners’) either through our App or our site.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure our App and our site is up to date and shows valid offers, promotions and events provided by our Brand Partners. However our Brand Partners are entitled to withdraw any listed offer, promotion or event or to change the terms and conditions of the advertised offers, promotions or events at any point and we shall have no liability for any such withdrawals or changes in terms and conditions or availability.
- Any printed or digital marketing material is intended as a guide of the offers, promotions and events provided by our Brand Partners to our members and may not be valid at a later date.
- Offers detailed on the App or site are only redeemable by members of GL.
- Members are not allowed to share details of any Offer listed within the GL App on any third party sites unless provided for by GL.
Prize Draws ("Competitions")
All Prize Draws (referred to in the App and here within as "Competition" or "Competitions") are free to enter.
Entries are only available to members of GL through the App.
The Promoter of all Prize Draws will be Generation Living Ltd of 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE unless otherwise stated.
Winner(s) will be selected at random using electronic selection and will be notified by e-mail within 14 days of the date of closing of the Competition
If the winner is unable to be contacted within 28 days of the first initial correspondence, the prize draw will be repeated.
The winner must be located within the United Kingdom.
From time to time Third Party Brand Partners will be stated as the Promoter of the Competition. Where this occurs, GL does not take any responsibility and will not be held liable for the correct undertaking of the Competition or any subsequent liability. Instead members are to refer to the Terms & Conditions as stated by the Promoter of the particular Competition.
GL arranges Competitions in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the Competition or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
There will be a maximum of one entry per member unless stated otherwise.
GL reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it is found that they have undertaken steps to manipulate, cheat or unfairly bias the outcome of the Competition.
GL reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value.
GL reserves the right to require Winners to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission.
- Subject to clause 10.3, if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable for the membership fee.
- Subject to clause 10.3, we will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits; or
- loss of anticipated savings.
- Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- Where you make a purchase from a Brand Partner, any losses or liability arising out of, or in connection with, such purchase shall be the relevant Brand Partners liability. We accept no liability for any failure by our Brand Partner to provide the product or services quoted. All interaction with any Brand Partner listed on our App or site is between you and that Brand Partner. We will not become involved in any dispute between you and any Brand Partner or compensate you for any failure or loss suffered between you and a Brand Partner.
- We do not give any warranty for any goods or services accessed through, or displayed on, our site.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When becoming a member, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you to us must be given to us using the details provided on our site. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing a request to join, or in any of the ways specified in clause 11 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our site, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- Failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not prevent us from subsequently relying on, or enforcing, them.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Third Party Rights
- A person who is not party to these terms and conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with it under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions. We each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms and conditions, neither of us relies on, or will have any remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them. Nothing in this clause limits or excludes any liability for fraud.
Law and Jurisdiction
- This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.